Top 5 Things to do in Panama City Beach When It’s Raining
So, you’re on vacation at the beach and it’s raining!! You guess it’s a wash and you’ll just have stay in the condo and sleep. Not so fast!! There are still plenty of things to do that doesn’t involve shopping!!
- I can think of a lot worse things than having to sit on the balcony of the condo at Ocean Villa Condo, curled up, listening to the rain and the ocean, while reading a good suspense novel or playing a game of cards or dominoes with the entire group! The balcony is 10 feet deep! That’s plenty deep enough to stay dry from the dripping at the front edge of the balcony. And…look on the bright side, you’ll be the first to know when the sun shines again!!
2. See a movie in style. The Grand Theatre at Pier Park is a state-of -the-art stadium seating movie theater located in Pier Park. There are 16 screens with reclining seats and a abundance of movie choices available. Located within Pier Park are enough eateries and retailers to combine the movie with a great meal or some shopping. Tickets are just $6.00 on Tuesdays, and any day is free refill day on a large popcorn and large soda, anytime!
3. Find the “pocket” at Rock’ It Lanes. It’s not just for bowling!! Whether the pocket is found in the bowling pins or on the felt of the pool table, this is the place to be!! Rock’ It Lanes is the only bowling center on the beach and is located just a few minutes from our Ocean Villa Condo in the Edgewater Shopping Plaza!! Bring the whole family. At 50,000 square feet, there’s plenty of room to play all day. There are 24 lanes of computerized bowling, 23 pool tables, an arcade featuring all the latest games and some old favorites, plus an 8,000 square foot roller skating rink! You don’t even have to leave to eat!! Grab lunch or dinner at the Grille, where they’re serving up a great menu including home-made burgers, made-from-scratch pizzas, chicken quesadillas and more.
4. Take in a little hands-on fact finding at local exhibits and museums! The Museum of the Man in the Sea is a little drive from Ocean Villa, about 15 minutes, and has fascinating exhibits that will introduce you to a world of underwater mysteries and diving! There on display, is the SEALAB-1, the world’s first working undersea habitat. Easy on the pocketbook, entrance to this quirky museum is less than $10!! Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum offers a totally whimsical museum experience. In addition to 15 different gallery displays of things that “have to be seen to be believed”, there is a 7-D motion theater that combines 3-D film with subtle and intense seat vibrations, bumps, dips and shakes to transport you virtually into the movie experience. Don’t miss the MirrorMaze Challenge or the LaseRace Challenge!! Right across the street is WonderWorks Museum, where you’ll be greeted by over 100 exhibits and challenges the minute you walk into the door!! Not to be missed is the Upside Down Experience, plus there is laser tag, a ropes course, a 6D motion ride and plenty of hands-on activities for all ages.
5. Last, but not least, it may be just the time for a little libation!! Two really great places to get started are within a few minutes drive from our condos at Ocean Villa!! If beer is your thing, the Fishale Taphouse and Grill Bright, is a spacious tavern with a fireplace and some 65 craft beers on tap to spend the day trying! There’s also a casual American menu offered when you’ve had enough tasting!! Up on Thomas Road, the Panama City Beach Winery sells citrus, fruit and berry wines. These aren’t just your average wines!! The flavors are endless! There’s even a tomato wine called “Hot Sun” that is a dry white wine with a hint of tomato and peppers!! Tastings are free, informative and fun! Bring along a group of people and have each person select different wines so more can be tried!! Don’t drink wine? Go anyway…you might just change your mind!!
Proving a rainy day in Panama City Beach doesn’t have to be a day stuck indoors, I hope this blog has given you some ideas on taking advantage of a perfect opportunity to enjoy a guilt-free day away from tanning – and the chance to discover some of Panama City Beach’s best indoor attractions!